Outdoor Liberty - General Information
Members are not allowed inside Liberty at any time or under any circumstances including bathroom use.
First Aid and the AED are located at the outdoor pool check-in.
A First Responder is on call at the outdoor pool complex during outdoor pool operations.
Guests are not permitted at this time.
COVID-19 Reduce Transmission
- DO NOT VISIT THE CLUB SICK- For the well-being of everyone involved, if you are not feeling well, have a fever, or visible signs of illness, we ask that you take the time to remain at home, rest and recover.
a. Health screenings – Prior to visiting we ask members to self-screen by asking themselves the following questions. Employees will be required to document their answers each upon entering the workplace.
1. Do I have symptoms of fever, cough (excluding chronic cough due to known medical reason), shortness of breath, sore throat, or diarrhea (excluding diarrhea due to known medical reason)?
2. Have I had close contact in the last 14 days with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19?
3. Have I traveled on an airplane internationally or domestically in the last 14 days?
- We respectfully urge members of our community to abide by the following state mandated guidelines. Please understand that our staff will respectfully offer reminders of the terms and conditions of said order. We also ask that you seek staff assistance should you feel another member’s actions have infringed upon your six feet of distance. We cannot assume who is or isn’t a member of each family, and thus much about social distancing must be self-regulated.
Executive Order 2020-147 (an excerpt of):
Acting under the Michigan Constitution of 1963 and Michigan law, I order the following:
Any individual who leaves their home or place of residence must wear a face covering over their nose and mouth:
a. When in any indoor public space;
b. When outdoors and unable to consistently maintain a distance of six feet or more from individuals who are not members of their household; It also requires the use of face coverings in crowded outdoor spaces.
- Practice social distancing at all times. Every employee should maintain a 6-foot distance from all others - while working and recreating in the club. Stand at available placeholders that signal the 6 foot rule when in line to enter the building or at common areas within our space. Follow directional cues in high traffic thoroughfares.
- Wash hands - Good hand washing practice involves immersing your hands in warm, soapy water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and running water are not immediately available, alcohol-based hand rubs containing at least 60% alcohol will also be available.
- Cover coughs and sneezes - Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve, not with your hands. Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. Trash receptacles are readily available.
- All COVID-19 cases reported to our facility must be reported to the Washtenaw County Health Department (734-544-6700). The Health Department will direct on how best to notify staff, patrons, and swimmers (as feasible) of potential COVID-19 exposures while maintaining confidentiality in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act**.
- Liberty employee COVID-19 phase one Outdoor Liberty response plan is available for members to view at outdoor complex check in.
The tennis courts are open from 6am-9pm, (unless there is inclement weather).
Employees and members are required to sanitize their hands before and after touching and moving the pickleball nets.
Guests are not permitted for random court time reservations.
Equipment such as pickle ball paddles, balls or tennis rackets, water coolers or towels will not be available for member use.
Members are not permitted to use Liberty tennis balls or baskets. Please do not share balls with other players. Use two cans of balls with different numbers, one can for yourself and one for your opponent while serving. Avoid using your hands to pick up balls, instead your racquet of foot to pick up balls and hit them to your opponent.
Sanitation stations are located between court 1 & 2 and 3 & 4. Instructors are responsible to sanitize benches after every lesson. Spray bottles with EPA-registered disinfectant solution, paper towel and hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol will be provided for instructor and member use.
Members are required to clean benches, if used, after tennis play.
Members are required to bring their own tennis balls, racquets, water bottles and towels.
Members will be asked to minimize congregating after lessons and court time to reduce traffic and allow for proper cleaning before the next lesson or court booking.
If a member late cancels due to COVID-19 symptoms or if the lesson is cancelled due to inclement weather, the member will not be charged.
Fitness (Group Fitness and/or Personal Training/Independent Fitness Sessions)
Classes/Personal Training are weather dependent.
Employees and members are required to sanitize their hands before taking part in the class or session and /or using equipment.
Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol will be available outside at the check-in station and storage garage.
EPA-registered disinfectant wipes or solution and gym wipes will be available near equipment in the storage garage.
Instructors will be responsible for handling any first aid or any health-related emergency in their class.
Members are required to clean all equipment and weights used in class setting.
Instructors will direct members to gather equipment and return equipment one by one to avoid grouping near the equipment storage space.
Members will need to bring their own towels, yoga mats, and water bottles.
Sessions will be scheduled in one location outdoors to lessen the amount of equipment and reduce contact with other members.
A maximum of 3 personal training sessions can be scheduled at the same time
Personal Trainers and members will be responsible for cleaning and disinfecting equipment used after each session.
All classes and training sessions require advanced registration (no drop-ins)
Members will be asked to minimize congregating after classes to lessen traffic and allow for proper cleaning of equipment before next class.
Outdoor Pool Complex
All tables and chairs are moved to ensure the six-foot distancing guideline - all pieces of equipment will be pulled and placed accordingly on deck and grass.
Outdoor recreational usage will be scheduled on a strict reservation basis every 1.5 hours. This is to ensure participation does not exceed 50% bathing load in each pool and hot tub.
Outdoor Lap Swim will also have a strict reservation system to allow for 1 swimmer in each lane.
Members will be asked to:
- Bring in their own pool equipment (goggles, kickboards, basketballs) for personal use only.
- Provide their own towels for drying off from swimming or showering.
- Bring their own basketball and sand toys.
- Avoid sharing items such as food, equipment, toys and supplies with those they do not live with. Limit in-person contact / interactions when possible.
- Adhere to and abide by all posted signage regarding COVID-19 (this includes, but is not limited to, physical and visual cues or guides made available).
- Adhere to and abide by all steps made to encourage social distance (markings on floor, traffic patterns, etc).
- There will be no cash transactions at the outdoor Café. Members are asked to charge to account or pay with credit card.
Items to be routinely cleaned (every 30-60 minutes):
- doorknobs, gate latches
- paper towel dispensers
- light switches
- faucets and sinks
- handrails and ladders
- all recreational equipment
Bathrooms, showers, and touch points will be a focal point for intensive cleaning efforts throughout the day.
A dedicated half-hour cleaning period will occur following every 1.5 hour reservation (when members have vacated).
All lounge chairs will be folded inward after cleaning (showing that it has been properly cleaned). Seated chairs will also be tilted towards tables to illustrate that they have been cleaned.
Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol will be available throughout the complex.
EPA-registered disinfectant and paper towels are available at outdoor complex check in.
Facilities closed: water slides
No additional programming (swim lessons or water aerobics) will be scheduled during phase one.
Plexiglass is installed at Outdoor check-in and cafe to ensure safe interaction between members and employees.
Basketball games will not be permitted, only individual activity per net or group activity with members of the same family.
Porous equipment (noodles, kick boards, pull buoys, lounge chair cushions) will be removed until further notice.
Miniature golf course and equipment will be available and cleaned after every use. Labelled containers will be provided for used equipment that has not yet been cleaned and disinfected and will be kept separate from already cleaned and disinfected equipment.
Respect that any lost and found item will only be available for retrieval 24 hours after the item was left on grounds.
All water fountains will be used as bottle-filling stations, only. Self-serve condiments and eating utensils will no longer be available. Utensils will be offered separately with appropriate cafe items.